The appendix is a small organ like a tube, located around the tip of the large intestine in the lower right corner of the abdomen. And appendicitis is a dangerous disease that needs immediate treatment.
First of all, the organ called appendix has lymphocytes acting on the immune system resembling the tonsils .
And appendicitis occurs when the organ becomes clogged or inflamed. This affects the blood flow and the pressure of that part rises.
The initial state of this disease is not so dangerous, but if you leave it, the infection spreads, so you need treatment as soon as possible.
Also, severe appendicitis may cause peritonitis. This disease is a dangerous complication related to the patient’s life.
So it is very important to pay close attention to specific signs on the symptoms of this disease. It is a symptom that is easy to mistake other diseases, but let’s see your doctor as soon as you feel something wrong.
Let’s look at the six main symptoms of appendicitis, the sign so that we can cope well.
1. Abdominal inflammation
Abdominal inflammation, or swelling, has features such as uncomfortable oppression and suffering. And most of this symptoms are related to digestive organs.
This is a very common symptom, and the appendix develops by causing an inflammatory reaction. Also, as the disease progresses, it will spread to the digestive organ as a whole. In addition to inflammation, it may suffer from accumulation of gas.
2. Pain in right lower quadrant
One of the early signs of appendicitis may feel a sharp pain in the right lower quadrant . And this place is also a place with appendicitis.
- This pain gradually becomes stronger. It becomes strong with inflammation and pressure caused by clogging of organs.
- Sometimes it happens intermittently, but as the disease progresses, the pain lasts longer.
- Sneezing and other things, suddenly moving the body may cause strong pain.
- This pain may spread from the navel to the hip.
3. Dizziness and vomiting
If symptoms such as dizziness and vomiting appear gradually, please also doubt the symptoms of other appendicitis.
The cause of this symptom is not always appendicitis, but let’s not forget that there is that possibility. Especially, if this symptom seems to be accompanied by the following symptoms, you need to be careful enough.
- Approximately 90% of patients suffered from dizziness and vomiting after feeling a strong pain in the lower abdomen.
- If appendicitis is not treated at an early stage, the infection will begin spreading. Dizziness and vomiting occur frequently by this symptom.
Anorexia is the result of inflammation caused by clogging of organs. This clogging itself is also the cause of anorexia.
Such a response affects the functions of the digestive system and interferes with the secretion of hormones that prompt hunger.
- As a result, patients tend to have complications due to malnutrition.
- Anorexia does not appear to be a dangerous symptom, but please be aware that you may need treatment as soon as possible.
Inflammation and oppression of appendicitis tend to represent symptoms similar to other gastrointestinal infections.
Therefore, infected patients may cause abdominal pain along with fever and chills.
- Do not overlook this symptom. It can be treated temporarily, but it may reappear as inflammation gets worse.
- Even if your body temperature is not so high, if you have a fever combined with the symptoms of other gastrointestinal symptoms, consult your doctor immediately.
6. Constipation, or diarrhea
Clogging of the appendix causes an inflammatory reaction, which makes it easier for symptoms such as constipation or diarrhea to suffer.
- The patient may not be able to defecate as usual, and may go to the toilet frequently, or may not have bowel movements.
- Both of these symptoms may occur in conjunction with abdominal inflammation and gas accumulation.
When should we consult a doctor at what timing?
If you see the symptoms introduced this time , please consult your doctor as soon as possible to receive treatment.
Symptoms of appendicitis may be related to diseases of other digestive organs in some cases , but it is best to have a professional diagnosis without judging on your own.
The hospital carries out various diagnostic methods such as blood tests to identify the cause. Let’s see a doctor firmly if you feel something wrong.