Banana is one of the most common fruit in Nigeria and is known to provide 90 calories. While eating banana, you might wonder why do i have to eat banana? What are the health benefits of banana? What are the nutritional benefits of banana?
There are several benefits of bananas and they are highlighted below
1. Improved digestion – Bananas contain fibers which is used in keep your digestive processes successively smoothly thus improved digestion and helping in building up metabolism.
2.High potassium –Banana is rich in potassium and low in salt which is a necessary mineral for maintains proper heart function and controls the blood pressure. So it may reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke.
3. Cure Anemia – Bananas also contain iron which is used in curing anemia. Anemia is a disease in which reducer in the number of red blood cells or hemoglobin in the blood. This resulting fatigue, shortness of breath, and paleness.
4. Reduce weight – Bananas are used in reduce the weight due to low calories and have appetite-reducing effects. Due to high amounts of resistant starch or pectin which may reduce appetite and help in reduce weight.
5. Antioxidants – Bananas are used as antioxidants that are used in decrease damage from free radicals and reduce the risk of several diseases.
6. Control blood sugar levels – Bananas are used in control sugar levels in a blood and reduce nausea thus it is benefits for diabetic patients.
7. Reduce stress and improve mood – Bananas contain good source of the amino acid tryptophan in which body converts to serotonin. Good serotonin levels may improve your mood and reduce stress. It also used in control sleep patterns.
8. Curing cancers: Bananas are used in increase white blood cell, improving immunity and opposing cancerous cell changes thus reduce risk of developing several cancers.