You want to lose weight and do not really know how to do it? To lose weight permanently, it is better to make some food adjustments and some exercises rather than deprive yourself unnecessarily.
You can lose a few pounds on two conditions: change your eating habits and increase your physical activity . If you do not practice any physical exercise today, you do not necessarily have to play sports , but a daily walk or a little bit of exercise.
The basic rules for losing weight
To change your diet, it is necessary to reduce the caloric intake moderately , ie first the fat and the fast sugars. It is essential to respect good dietary practices ( see “The guide to good food practices” ) by adding a few simple rules.
- Do not skip meals, especially the breakfast which must stay copious. Have a light meal in the evening;
- Do not eat anything except meals. If you are hungry between meals, drink a large glass of water , coffee or tea without sugar. Drink also before the meal and in the middle of the meal;
- Continue to eat starchy foods at every meal: pasta, rice, potatoes or bread . They provide a sense of satiety and provide the energy you need, as well as fiber. On the other hand all that accompanies them is to limit: fat sauces, butter, cheese, fresh cream, etc. It is therefore necessary to consume these starches alone or with a seasoning without sugar or fat;
- Remove sugary soft drinks;
- Remove alcohol and beer . You can continue to drink wine , preferably red, limiting yourself to one drink a day;
- Avoid eating out of your home because it is more difficult to control your diet. In the restaurant it is sometimes possible, with friends it is more difficult … If you make a good meal to several, then you must try to reduce the quantities and especially never serve you a dish;
- Choose lean meats and opt for poultry without skin, fish and shellfish;
- Beware of hidden fats: avoid all meats in sauce, oily meats, gratins rich in milk, butter or cream, gruyere and eggs, fries, pastries and pastries, sweets and chocolate, ice cream, cakes aperitifs;
- Eat vegetables at will and in all their forms: raw, cooked, in soup;
- Eat two fruits a day, but not more;
Choose the right way to cook food :
- Meats: grilled or roasted;
- Fish: grilled, baked or microwaved, or in foil;
- Vegetables: steamed, stewed or microwave
- Make the seasonings and sauces the least greasy possible: put some oil, butter or cream, then use lemon, yoghurt, bouillon cube and soy sauce, finally season to taste with herbs and spices.
To lose weight you have to rely on some solid principles:
- Give yourself time, at least a month to lose 2 to 3 kilos;
- Prevent cravings and fatigue
- Stick to the rules set at the start;
- Avoid vitamin and mineral deficiencies ;
- Do not use drugs or special diet foods ;
- Keep a maximum of pleasure to eat