The Federal Road Safety Corp has reminded all motorists and other road users to be cautious on the roads as the rainy season has set in.
Please here are a few tips to drive safely during this period ;
1. Keep both hands on the steering wheel at all times
2.Turn on your headlights.
This will make it easier for you to see what is in front of you; thus, preventing any accidents.
3. Keep a minimum of a good five car length from the car in front of you.
4. Drive at or below the speed limit.
5. Be aware that the maximum speed at which you can drive is DIRECTLY related to your tires.
6. Avoid flooded roads
7. Watch for splashing from potholes and pools of water that accumulate at clogged storm drain pipes and low areas of the pavement.
8. Be aware that brakes can be affected by water.